Thursday, June 01, 2006

Sunscreen, Pt 2



Time and time again I read rave reviews in magazines, etc, about Neutrogena's suncare product lines. They are backed by most dermatologists as one of the top brands, both in the protection they provide and their feel. I've already written about my favorite Neutrogena find so far, their Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock Here's a few other gems I'm continuing to discover:

Ultra Soft Hydrating Sunblock

Photo courtesy of Ulta.com

I like that this lotion feels soft and non-greasy (which is what I love about their Dry-Touch lotion), and the fact that it comes with a pump makes it easier for me to remember to slather some on every morning as I'm getting dressed. It goes on easily and absorbs nicely, plus provides some moisture. Not to mention that you'll be protected from both UVA and UVB rays, keeping your skin healthy now and for years to come.

Neutrogena Fresh Cooling Body Mist Sunblock

A friend of mine who has a 5 yr old girl came to visit us last summer, and she swore by this stuff-- for someone with kids, she said, it made it so easy to just spray her down quickly rather than having to spend time rubbing in a lotion sunscreen. As someone who's always been worried about my inability to reach (and put sunscreen on) my upper back, a spray is simply genius. I've only used this once, but I did notice that it sprayed nicely and dried quickly. Very cool.

Neutrogena Healthy Defense SPF 30 Daily Moisturizer

Of course, we can't forget about a very important part of our body-- the face! Most moisturizers and even foundation make-ups have SPF 15 in them. I spend up to an hour outside in the sun right in the middle of the day every day, so I want something with a bit more than just SPF 15 in it. And now Neutrogena even has a facial moisturizer with SPF 30! Now I use this every morning (I use a different lotion at night, when I don't need the sun protection) and have the peace of mind of knowing that I'm helping protect myself from further sun damage.

Feel free to explore other Neutrogena products here. Neutrogena products are available at most drugstores, supermarkets, Wal-mart, Target, etc.

Remember: Even so-called "long wearing" sunscreens will only last for about 1-2 hours, so if you're going to be out in the sun for longer than that amount of time make sure you reapply every 1.5-2 hrs. This is especially true if you're going swimming! If you're spending an entire day out at the pool or the beach, you should go through one whole tube of sunscreen.

Except where noted, all photos used courtesy of Neutrogena.com

No comments: