Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Beach Hair

I have been loving the whole beachy hair trend that's been going on for the past year. it allows me to wear my wavy/curly hair naturally and still be stylish! My favorite hair product all last summer was John Frieda's Beach Blonde Ocean Waves Sea Spray.

I would simply let my hair airdry overnight, then in the morning I'd spray a bit of this texturizing spray over it and voila! I had easy breezy beach hair.

I've been quite dissappointed recently to find out that this product has either been discontinued or for some other reason seems to have become very hard to find. =( In trying to find a replacement I tried out John Frieda Sheer Blonde Tousled Tresses Fine-Mist Wax , but all it seemed to do was make my hair look like it badly needed a wash.

Today while shopping at Long's Drugs I found this: Garnier Fructis Style Surf Hair Texturizing Spray. It makes the same promises as my beloved Ocean Waves Spray did. At $3.99 for the bottle, I decided to give it a shot. As soon as I got home I sprayed it in my hair, and I have to say I'm fairly pleased-- it gave my hair a bit of texture without feeling sticky or making my hair look greasy. I'll have to give it a few more tests (i.e. wear it out a few times, see how my hair behaves) before giving a deifinitve answer, but so far so good! Yay!

2 comments:

ThatBeeGirl said...

I dig the John Freida product, but it's definitely inferior to the bumble and bumble product. I'd rate the b&b product first, then the John Freida one, then the Garnier one. :)

ThatBeeGirl said...

(in response to a comment you left me a while back): b&b can be tough to find, a salon that carries their products is your best bet. there are some places online that have 'em, but then you have to pay shipping.
tova yaron carries them, they're a salon in that center with old navy and the rack and target on saratoga and prospect. i'd hit them up for some surf spray.
i also read an article in allure this month about kusco murphy beach hair srpay, which i'm looking to find...if you see it, holler. :)