Monday, September 04, 2006

To Switch or Not To Switch?

I've been debating lately switching from Blogger to some other blogging format, such as wordpress. I've been playing around a bit today with worpress and I like some of the features it has (like built-in categories and being able to post-date your posts), although there's also some drawbacks (like not being able to edit the template of your page). I guess for the most freedom and reliability it becomes necessary to pay a bit for a better web hosting service... but I'm just not sure I'm ready to get there yet.

Hm... decisions, decisions....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm a huge fan of wordpress, although it can be tricky, it is very customizable.

K said...

Thanks so much for this: I've been hating all pants lately...

ThatBeeGirl said...

wordpress seems like a good move if you are considerating a change. Blogger is user-friendly but often unreliable.

TheBeautyBrains said...

We've used blogger for 6 months and it works pretty well. But we're moving to Wordpress (pay service). To do it you have to register you site (about $15 a year) and then pay for a hosting service.

If you're going to stick with the free wordpress service than I'd stick with blogger. At least you can add ads and google adsense. You can't do those things with the free version of Wordpress.