Thursday, September 07, 2006

MAC Lipglass

I've heard enough raves about MAC's Lipglass ($14) that I figured it was time to go out and try it myself. So I headed out to the mall and went to the MAC counter at Nordstroms. I looked through the selection of different shades of tinted lipglass, and settled on one that intrigued me-- Viva Glam V, a sort of shimmery nude color. I was somewhat surprised, though, to see that the usual arrnagements of tissues, q-tips, and other applicators for testing purposes weren't readily available, which made me self-conscious about wanting to test out any of the colors, and we all know how hard it is to tell what a color will look like just from looking at the tube. One of the makeup artists came over and helped me out, and let me try the lipglass along with a lip liner I was interested in, and I was pretty sold.

I liked how the gloss felt on my lips- light, non-sticky, but still moisturizing and nicely shiny. I have to say, though, that I'm not sure it's really superiod to Flirt!'s Plushious Liquid Velvet Lipcolor ($10). I wondered if this would be the case, knowing that both MAC and Flirt! are owned by Estee Lauder, and have some of the same playful feel to their products.

So, while I'm happy with my MAC purchase (especially since it was a Viva Glam color, and therefore went towards AIDS research), I think my future purchases will be with Flirt! instead, and save myself the $4 per tube of gloss. Also, with Flirt! I'm limited to Kohls stores only, but I can browse and test to my heart's content, which I can't do at MAC stores. I like being able to do my own thing when looking at makeup and not have to rely on a makeup artist to help me test different products. I understand why MAC may do that (help match up people with the right products, etc) but it's just my shopping style and what makes me most comfortable.

1 comment:

Silvs said...

I don't like Macs lip gloss. My hair sticks to my li[s when I have it on! It's too thick and sticky