Thursday, September 28, 2006

Sephora Lip Gloss Pencil

I love lip gloss. Adore it. It is seriously one of my favorite makeup inventions EVER. So when I heard that there were these new contraptions of lip gloss made in a pencil form, you bet I was interested!

So I went out and tried Sephora's Lip Gloss pencil ($10)... and it's pretty sweet. Goes on nice and smoothly, gives very nice color with a good bit of shine. It's not *quite* the same as wearing gloss, but it's also a heck of a lot less sticky or messy, and you can carry this pencil around in your bag all day long and never have to worry about it spilling onto anything else.

My only complaint? The color selection leaves a bit to be desired. I have mine in 05 (plum shimmer) which is nice, but it's a fairly bright pink-- great for going out, but definitely not much of a day color (unless you like being bold). It was really the only color that appealed much to me. But that may just be my personal preference... and my difficulty in buying new makeup formulas in colors that I already have in something else (which really can make it hard to shop, since there's only so many colors! lol).

No comments: