Friday, August 11, 2006

Oh, Lord....

Ok, so I might be comitting fashion suicide here, but.... I kinda like the leggings trend. NOT ankle-length leggings, that looks wierd to me, but I really like the look of pants cropped just below the knee, which includes leggings. I don't know, maybe it's just the funky 80's vibe of it all. Take Lindsay, below. I know most fashion blogs blasted her for these outfits... but I think they're kinda cute. I love the cropped leggings paired with peep-toe heels. I think these tend to look best worn under a skirt or dress.



These, however, are a no-go in my book:





Cropped leggings, for some reason, like kinda cute. Full-length leggings that hit at the ankle... not cute. Check out Alessandra Ambrosio (bottom picture)-- she's a beautiful woman, a tad bit skinny perhaps... but those leggings make it look like she has chicken legs (and I have no clue what's going on with that skirt....). Full-length leggings are like skinny pants-- they're not meant to be worn by anyone with curves, and on someone who has none it only accentuates how incredibly skinny they are (in a not-good way).

However, they're still not as bad as THIS:



That's right. Victoria's Secret is bringing stirrups back this fall, calling them the seaon's "must have layer."

Does anyone even remember anyone ever looking good in these?

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Ok. I'm still not convinced about these leggings. The ones in the top right picture are ok. They almost work with the top and show off her great legs. But I really think there aren't many people who can pull them off. But then, I think the same of the super low-rise hip hugger jeans that everyone has now.

Marcy said...

Most other fashion blogs I read have completely condemmed all use of leggings, so I realize my opinion is quite controversial. And there is definitely a body type for whom it works best.

Low-rise jeanbs are all about balance-- high waists are rarely flattering, but many starts (hello, tara Reid) have in the past taken the "low-rise" trend to such low extends as to necessitate a bikini wax before wearing. That can be a tad much...