Monday, August 21, 2006

"Grillz"

I have to say, I do not understand this phenomenon. It's been coming for a while, and now the Teen Choice Awards even gave out an award for "Best Grill." I just don't get it.

Every time I see some rapper or celebrity with a "grill" (which is like jewelry for your teeth, made of gold, platinum, even diamonds) it looks like they a) are missing teeth b/c of the reflection of the light or b) they have braces.

Now, WHY on EARTH would anyone want to look like a hill billy or a hormonal teenager?!? I remember having to wear braces in middle school (along with the rest of the world) and NO ONE liked them. They felt hideous, and more importantly they looked hideous. So why would anyone want to imitate that?

It just goes to show that people have so much money they don't know what to do with it. What ever happened to simply buying obnoxiously large jewelry? I really hope these "grillz" are not permanent, so when everyone finally realizes that they look like jackasses with them they can go take them off and not have completely ruined their teeth.

Sorry for the off-the-wall post, but I've just been baffled by this so-called trend for a while and just had to vent a bit. We'll be back to our regularly scheduled blogging tomorrow, I promise.

4 comments:

Natalie said...

Oh, that is just sick. Like you said, I hope that's not permanent.

Sales Rack Raider said...

Oh, horrors!

ThatBeeGirl said...

This post made me literally laugh out loud -- you hit the nail on the head with it!

Anonymous said...

ok..u cant just judge something when u don even know it all exactly.maybe people want to look like this...i personally...dont think they look like jackass..you're the jackass!all you do is complain about what other people are wearing!!you're teeth dont decay i have one of my own and i hbeen wearing them for about a year...my teeth are in perfect condition...you know wat we call people like you..a hater!you damn hater get a life and stop judging other peoples luzury