Monday, August 07, 2006

My Favorite Lipstick



So on my recent trip to Kohl's I took at peek at the American Beauty counter. Their spokesmodel, Ashley Judd, is usually featured wearing their latest seasonal make-up palette. Their latest collection is called Vintage Rose, and immediately struck me. I already had eyeshadows similar to the ones featured and I certainly don't need any more blush, but I really liked the lipstick, Enduring Beauty™ Longwear Lipcolor in Bronze Star (which looks nothing like the way it's shown on the website, $12.50). The color is a pretty sort-of brownish-mauve with a touch of shimmer. So, I bought it. I don't normally spend that much on lipstick, but I really liked this color.

Anyway, I'm totally in love with it. The color goes on kinda sheer, so it gives a nice color without being too obvious or hasrh-- it's a perfect color for summer (and yes, it's still summer I don't care if there are already back-to-school specials all over the place). It feels nice going on, doesn't get all dried out, and has decent staying power. It is currently my favorite lipstick. It's been totally worth the money.

1 comment:

Sales Rack Raider said...

I love vintage style makeup in general (love the look on Ashley Judd). I got a Besame Vanity Case as a gift, and I absolutely love it. Too bad it's so expensive, or else I'd try the lipcolor. The Kohl's line seems like a much less costly alternative to try.