Tuesday, October 31, 2006

MeltProof Makeup, Pt 3

This is the third and final installment of my MeltProof Makeup series! After this, I should hear no more complaints about makeup fading mid-day. ; ) Let's get to it, shall we?

Ok, so once you've got a good base for your makeup, and applied beauty products that have substantial staying power, you've done most of the work. All that's left now is to find a little something to "set" the look, keep it fresh and vivid all day long. This is the job of a good face powder. Loose or pressed, it's your choice-- I have always preferred pressed as it's more compact and easier to tote around, but I think it all comes down to personal preference. Once your makeup has been applied, a dusting of powder will take care of nay leftover shine, and help set your makeup so it won't budge. My current fave is Neutrogena Healthy Skin Blends Transluscent Oil Control Powder ($10.99 at drugstore.com). Many people also swear by Bare Escentuals Mineral Veil ($19).


While perusing the latest Benefit catalogue I came accross an interesting beauty tool- She Laq ($28), a liquid "sealant" that can be brushed over eyes or lips after makeup aspplication to seal in your makeup and keep it in place. It comes with a nifty brush set so you can easily apply the stuff over your eyeliner, shadow, mascara, or lipcolor. I have not tried this stuff and am not sure what to think of it-- I'd love to hear reviews from any of you who may have tried it.

Well, ladies, that's all I've got. I hope this post series has been helpful to some of you. As always, let me know if you've got extra tips for us! Other than that.... have a safe and happy halloween, everyone. =)

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Hi Marcy. This stuff works okay but it's a little sticky and tends to leak quite a bit if you don't screw the cap on tight. I used it about 3-4 times before it all leaked out and got stuck inside the little pouch it comes in. It is good for the brows though =)

Anonymous said...

I *heart* She-Lac. I use it on my eyeliner all the time, because it tends to fade away at the corners of my eyes (they water during the day sometimes). With the She-Lac, it pretty much stays put. Lisa is right about the cap though - screw it on tight between uses. I haven't noticed that it's particularly sticky, but then I mostly just use it on eyeliner.