Tuesday, May 23, 2006

New discovery!

So, in the past couple of weeks I have read 2 separate articles on skincare that each recommended washing your face twice (in a row) in order to really get rid of all the make-up, dead skin, etc on your face. This seemed a bit odd to me, so I mostly dismissed it at first.

Well, this afternoon while showering after my work-out I decided to give this theory a try. I'd already washed my face once, so for the 2nd time (since I haven't exfoliated in a while, either) I took some salt scrub (which had lost a lot of its oil so was mostly salt left over) and mixed it in with some of my facial cleanser and did a gentle scrub of my face (I then did the same thing with my shower gel to make a nice, gentler body scrub).

Well, when I stepped out of the shower and looked at my face I was in awe.... My skin looked posivitely radiant. Usually after a shower it looks a bit red and starts feeling dry quickly, so the change was a bit amazing (and counter-intuitive, to say the least). I couldn't believe it made that big of a difference. The scrub will certainlyu be too harsh to use every day, but maybe I'll try to folow this routine once a week and se how it goes. I'll keep y'all posted. ; )

No comments: