Thursday, May 18, 2006

bareMinerals Powder Foundation



Everyone keeps raving about this stuff.... So after many months of putting it off I finally decided to try it. I went to Ulta and bought their started kit (2 shades of foundation, Mineral Veil, Warmth which is like a bronzer, and the flawless application brush) for $45. Sephora has a slightly larger kit with a second brush and their skin re-ver upper for $60.

So, I tried it. When I first put it on, I couldn't tell much of a difference. I had heard that you can use a small brush and dot powder right on trouble spots as a concealer, so I tried this with the pesky zit that had been sitting right next to my mouth for a few days... and to my amazement after a couple pats it nearly dissappeared! This amazed me, since I've never been able to figure out how to properly use concealer before.

Now, the other claim I've heard is that, b/c this minerals stuff is actually good for your skin, you can also put some on zits overnight and it'll help them go away. Well, surprise surprise when at the end of the night I took my make-up off and my zit was MUCH less noticeable!
I've noticed since then that when I'm wearing this make-up my face does look better--smoother, more even, etc. But it's not obvious, which is nice. It doesn't feel like I'm wearing make-up. It also seems to help absorb oil-- I tend to feel oily around my mouth and chin as the day goes on, but don't notice it as much when I'm wearing this foundation.

So... I think I'm sold.

No comments: