Thursday, January 25, 2007

Spa Towells

I received a sample in the mail recently of these nifty new Spa Towell towelettes, which are "lightly scented 8” x 8” body moisturizing towelettes drenched with a rich blend of natural oils, antioxidant rich vitamins and moisture attracting humectants that leave skin feeling smoother, softer and more supple."

Intrigued? Well, I was! So I tried one this morning after getting out of the shower. They come in individually wrapped packages, so I opened one up and noted that the towelette did indeed feel like it was loaded with lotion. I slathered the towelette on my legs first, as they usually are the part of my body that needs the most moisture during this time of year. The towelette was a bit awkward to use as I tried to spread the lotion evenly onto my skin, but I think that's a result of it simply being a towelette and would simply require some practice to figure out how to handle it. I was a bit dissappointed to note that most of the lotion seemed to have gotten used up on my legs. You probably need 2 towels to really get your entire body.

The lotion did absorb quickly, with no greasiness. The scent is light, not overpowering as with some scented body lotions. I wouldn't rely on these for everyday use, if nothing else because of the waste of throwing away the towelette each time, but they're brilliant for travel! You could pack them in your carry-on without having to worry about the liquids restrictions.

You can order packs of 10 ($19.95), 20 ($39.95), or 30 ($59.95) towelettes online, or go to the website to find stores near you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just discovered your blog. I'm a product junkie, too, and I enjoy reading your reviews. The Spa Towels sound cool- thanks for the info!

Anonymous said...

hi, just checked out your blog for the first time tonight (i am addicted to reading beauty blogs but never saw yours before) and wanted to say how cute it is and how much i enjoyed reading! while i love, love, love splurging on dept store makeup and shopping at sephora, i can't afford to buy all my makeup there and so it's nice to see a blog where someone also talks about more affordable things. ;) also wanted to say how adorable your curled hair looked (esp. the morning after) ciao!