Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Dramatically Different... Plus!

I was searching for a new face lotion a while ago and decided to give Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion ($11-$23) a try since I'd heard so many good things about it from people.

There's a part of me that still feels slightly apprehensive about splurging on this, rather than finding something at Walgreen's, but I do like the Clinique lotion. It's light and absorbs well, and it doesn't have any funky smell. It doesn't make my skin feel greasy afterwards, nor too dry. The only thing is it doesn't have any sunscreen in it, so I've been mixing a drop of lotion with a drop of Clinique Super City Block Oil-Free Daily Face Protector SPF 25 ($16.50) every morning. The Super City Block was an impulse buy while I was browsing airport Duty-Free shops this past summer. I like it, but I think when I run out I'll just buy a drugstore sunblock for face rather than splurge again. SPF is SPF and they should all work about the same.

At night I've been using Grassroots While You Were Sleeping Overnight Moisture Cream ($17, click here for my previous post). I used a trial-sized tube during my travels in Texas over the holidays, then bought my own full-size jar as soon as I got back, and I swear my skin looks better because of it-- much smoother and more even. And, as I mentioned before, it smells absolutely divine.

Well, this started out as a post just about Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion, and it turned into a Marcy's Skin Routine post. I guess that's just as well. ; )

No comments: