Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Boi-ing!


To be honest, I've kinda been scared to try concealer. I've heard such horror stories about it caking and cracking and basically looking obvious (which kinda ruins the whole ffect of using it to begin with). So I've kinda stayed away for a while.

But then I started looking through Benefit catalogues and such, and I have such a hard time resisting their products.... So one day I went to Sephora and just tried a ton of their products (the staff there mujst've thought I was nuts, I kept running back and forth from the Benefit aisle to the mirrors to where they stashed the cotton balls and q-tips, etc). And when I tried Boi-ing($18), I was quite pleasantly surprised to notice a difference. A good one. And suddenly I just had to have it.

I got the middle shade (02) which is the one suggested for anyone who isn't super light- or dark-complected, and I've been gloriously happy with it. It has NEVER caked or creased or cracked on me. By the end of the day it usually looks the same as it did when I put it on that morning. Sometimes I use my fingers to dot it under my eyes, sometimes I use my concealer brush, the effect is mostly the same either way.

Basically.. this stuff is awesome. And it certainly was a lifesaver for me recently, when my girl friend and I went to Vegas for the weekend and I had to cover up the massive circles under my eyes from getting absolutely no sleep. ; )

PS- In case you need an excuse to buy Benefit products, they're currently giving away a free Color Plump pencil with any orders of $65 or more. Check out the website for more details!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm, interesting. I don't typically use concealer, but I do have an old tube of Estee Lauder in my cabinet "just in case". It can be a little obvious and then trying to smooth it out diminishes its effectiveness, YK?

BTW - I can't believe there are no Vegas pictures for us! Are they on another blog or something? Me wanna see!

Sales Rack Raider said...

I have no choice but to use a concealer. All these years of staying up late left permanent dark circles around my eyes.

Finding that perfect concealer had been difficult. I tried different things, but nothing ever entirely goes away. The best drug store one I've used so far is the Physician's Formula yellow concealer. I usually get my concealer brush wet to thin it out, and it works pretty well. The best concealer I've used is in a Besame vanity case that I got as a gift. It's a cream concealer that goes on like a charm, but the kit is really expensive.

chollyson said...

This is the best concealer I have ever tried.